We love to join forces with dynamic leaders in our community like you. The best progress is made toward true community impact when we work together. Thank you for your interest in getting involved. Let’s get started on the volunteer opportunities ahead! Please let us know if you’d like to volunteer or become a partner!
Where we need you!
Tutor A Child
Refugee and immigrant children often have many interruptions to their education and the support of tutors is crucial in bridging this gap. If you enjoy working with children one on one and in small group settings, our tutoring program would be a great fit for you. Training is provided.
Learning English is a critical step for newly arrived individuals to engage with their community. As an English language coach, you will come alongside adults as they grow in their English skills and/or prepare for their citizenship test. If you have a passion for teaching adults and a desire to make new friends, this is a wonderful opportunity to do both. Curriculum and training are provided.
Welcome someone who is new to this country and be their navigator as they learn about life in the United States. Through friendship and a variety of educational programs, invest your time as a bridge builder between our refugee and immigrant friends and their new communities.
Why Become A Community Partner?
Our communities are stronger when all who live there feel connected. Community Partners enable us to provide housing for families that bring them nearer to the community and support resources to navigate their new culture. Community Partners enable us to provide programs that equip and empower refugees and immigrants to contribute at their fullest potential.
As a partner, your organization helps bridge the housing, language, educational and cultural divides newly arrived refugees and immigrants face. Your partnership celebrates the cultural diversity of our refugee and immigrant neighbors and creates opportunities for the following:
- ZAffordable housing opportunities in the East Valley
- ZLanguage and education support for families
- ZGED education and job certifications
- ZHelp bridge language and cultural divides for refugees and immigrants that create opportunities for them to engage and participate in their local communities.
- ZUse your gifts and experiences to impact families for generations to come.
- ZLearn more about the journey of refugee and immigrant families.
- ZAdvocate for refugee and immigrant members of our community.